Friday, August 24, 2007

I have a confession....

I must admit it. My mother taught me not to lie, nor to lie by not saying anything. I confess. I started 2 new projects the past 2 days. I'm horrible.

I dug through my WIP box and nothing was calling out to me to be rescued. I tried to finish up the fan bookmark I had started, but forgot which hook I was using so that was frogged. I picked up the Garterlac dishcloth, decided nah, and frogged that.

While frogging the dishcloth, I noticed the Potholder pattern book sitting on my table. Looked at the kitchen cotton in my hands. Looked at the pattern book. Decided that I would just look inside the book....happened to see the chicken pattern. And what do you know? That darn chicken started itself!

I've also had that skein of Red Heart SS hiding out in my computer bag....coincidentally enough so was the Stitch n Bitch Happy Hooker book....how did they BOTH get in there I wonder? So of course when I was sitting in my car waiting for the boyfriend to get out to the car when I went to pick him up after work, I had to glance through the book. I needed something to do right? And i just happened to read the Fat Bottom Bag pattern which was conveniently bookmarked. And of course the strange stitch that is used on the bag caught my eye and I began to wonder what it looked like in person. So of course I reached back into my bag to grab out that stow away skein and a hook which happened to be the right size (again, miracles never cease!). Lets just say that the stitch is looking just fine so far. Little bit of a challenge getting my hands and hook to understand the concept, but I think it should work out nicely. And since I am swatching the stitch I might as well keep the swatch and continue with the rest of the pattern.....right?

The chicken is over half done...the bag will take me a little bit more time I think!

Before I go though I thought to introduce everyone to Maurice who was featured in the Monkey photo.....

I have no idea what kind of indoor tree he is, but hes got character!

Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The plant is a Ponytail Palm or Elephant Foot Tree. My husband has one as well but it is huge! They are very easy to grow.

Wendyb532

Tiffany said...

It's very hard to resist both of those projects! Can't wait to see your progress. :)

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how often those chickens start themselves! It's happened to me more than once. Tricky little buggers!

Anonymous said...

Chickens are cool, don't feel bad. I had a plant like that. I had it for about 8 years, kept repotting it every once in awhile. Eventually it got so big I had to put it outside and I think the shock of weather change killed it. It was big though, almost to the ceiling.

Mimi said...

Interesting plant!...and its only now that I realize how small your cute monkey is ;)

Anonymous said...

fhAre you telling me that something I taught you finally stuck??? :-) Plus it was a good one!! Love U I am glad that you are getting some of your unending projects finished or at least frogged and restarted into something you will complete. Love the plant but is that baby Mo with his Daddy Maurice? Just checking.